Here is the version history of the RCPano app.
Version 1.6 (current Version)
- Support for the Inspire 1.
- Solved a problem detecting Mavic Air remote control.
- Solved a problem detecting correct position of flight mode switch on Mavic Air.
- Recognition of RTH status improved.
- The minimum flight altitude has been reduced to one meter.
- If the gimbal of the Inspire is operating in free mode, an error message is displayed.
- Support for the Inspire 2, Mavic Air and OSMO+.
- Support for the portrait mode of the Mavic Pro.
- Support for row- or column based shooting (not OSMO).
- Support for cameras with zoom lenses. In the settings screen the current zoom is taken into account when calculating the overlapping percentage. Also, column optimization uses the current zoom value to optimize column count. Supported cameras are the Zenmuse Z3 with builtin lens and the Zenmuse X5S and Zenmuse X7 with Lumix 14-42 and Olympus 9-18. Other lenses might also work.
- In AEB mode 7 images are enabled for all devices. Depending on the camera model the images cannot be taken with the builtin, fast method, even with an EV value of 0.7. You can find more information in the chapter on the enhanced AEB.
- Added possibility to take a single image with current settings.
- OSMO: No zenith image was taken.
- OSMO: The algorithm for zenith and first row has improved, there will be no more gaps in the zenith.
- OSMO: In manual exposure mode, an EV value can be set by which exposure is increased per row of the panorama starting with the first row below horizon.
- OSMO: The required battery charge was reduced to 5%.
- OSMO: Assistance for shooting the nadir.
- OSMO: If the OSMO is not correctly mounted on a tripod and the camera cannot be tilted enough, shooting is not aborted if the gimbals position differs less than 5° from the target position.
- Performance optimizations when rotating the drone.
- No rotation any more before shooting the nadir image.
- Additional information in the log file, which can be accessed using iTunes.
- One log file is created per day.
- Camera settings changed by the app will be restored after shooting. These include aspect ratio, ISO, exposure time und EV.
- After the panorama has been completed, the pilot regains control of the drone more quickly.
- Improved behaviour in strong winds.
- Ability to turn off video output to save energy.
- Simplification of the process of registration and activation of the app.
- DJI SDK 4.5.1, resolves crashes on 32 bit devices and supports the Mavic Air.
- In AEB mode EV values other than 0.7 can be used.
- In manual exposure mode, an EV value can be set by which exposure is increased per row of the panorama.
- In manual exposure mode EV can be reduced for pictures that are heading towards the sun (not OSMO).
- Tapping on the compass symbol in the upper info bar switches between the display of the direction relative to north or relative to the sun. 0º either mean north or the sun's position.
- Enhancements for models with adjustable aperture. Aperture now is adjustable in RCPano.
- Improved changing of exposure parameters. Changes perform faster and the currently selected value is shown above the sliders.
- The maximum allowed distance from iOS device to the home point has been increased to 100 meters. This still does not mean you can only fly 100 meters away. Just the home point of the aircraft has to be in a 100 meter range from the pilot.
- Tap to focus did not work with the P4P.
- Tap to focus now with acoustic feedback.
- New autofocus handling: If autofocus is turned off in the DJI GO app, RCPano won't focus. You can focus with autofocus turned on by tapping on the screen. In the program settings an option is added to turn focussing for every image on or off.
- Acoustic feedback can be turned off. If acoustic feedback is turned off or the mute switch is turned on, optical feedback is provided: For neutral sounds (i.e. shutter) the screen flashes white, for positive sounds (i.e. autofocus successful) green and for negative sounds (i.e. autofocus failure) red.
- Shooting is cancelled if an error in the IMU is encountered.
- For better analysis of possible errors in the program a log file is written which can be accessed using iTunes.
- DJI SDK 4.3.2
- Fixed possible display problems in iOS 11 by the usage of the new SDK.
- Support for the Spark
- Support for the Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro
- Switch to the new process of activating an app with DJI
- In the main window display of activation status of the app
- Switch to the new method of detection of no fly zones
- Devices without GPS get a warning to carefully check the homepoint instead on rejecting the shooting
- Possibility to shoot a one row panorama
- The OSMO starts and ends the panorama at the current gimbal position, not at 0 degrees
- Sadly no possibility any more to use EV values other than ±0.7 with AEB shots
- A warning is shown when the IMU must be calibrated
- If an error or timeout occurs during writing to the SD card the last shot is repeated
- Enhanced the algorithm to calculate the number of pictures in optimization mode
- DJI SDK 4.2.2
- Support for the Mavic Pro
- GEO: Warning zones were sometimes interpreted as no fly zones
- Better positioning with the Phantom 4
- Preserve a bigger overlapping region when optimizing picture count
- DJI SDK 3.5
- Support for the Phantom 4
- Support for the OSMO Standard
- Better adjustment of exposure settings by tapping on the status bar on the lower edge of the screen. Operation is paused while adjusting the exposure parameters
- Implementation NoFLy Status / GEO System
- Added checking of settings in the drone (Beginner mode, allowed gimbal tilt upwards)
- When entering the settings screen, the gimbal is moved to the requested start position, if possible. When leaving the settings screen, the original position is restored
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the nodal point
- DJI SDK 3.4
- iOS 10
- After shooting, the drone waited one second and then moved on to the next position. This was too short for night shots. Now, the copter only moves after all images have been taken
- Initial version in the AppStore